Tuesday, September 29, 2015

What's Cookin' Wednesday: Apple Cake

"Raw Apple Cake"



This is the best recipe for an apple cake that I've ever tasted in my life. I may be partial since it was my Aunts, but I'm pretty certain its dang good. Anyone who tries it says so. By no means is it healthy, but nothing that's this delicious is healthy, is it?
So here it is
 
What you need:
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup veg oil 
3 eggs
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 tsp salt
6 raw apples peeled, diced
2 tsp vanilla
 
What you do:
Mix the cut apples up in a bowl with a few sprinkles of sugar and cinnamon for flavor

Mix in order given and pour into a greased & floured bunt pan. 
Cook 2 hours (give or take 15 min) 
Remove and cool on a rack 

Icing: confectioners sugar and milk 
Apx 1 1/2 cup conf sugar and 3tbsp milk. Not really sure. I eyeball this one until I get a thick but smooth texture. Pour over cake 
(Put wax paper under it so it doesn't make a huge mess)
 
 
Serve this warm or at room temperature.
I keep it in the fridge so it stays a bit longer, and heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up!
Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce
 ~ Absolute Heaven!!
 
~Tiffany~
 

1 comment:

  1. This apple cake sounds heavenly! I bet it tastes like Fall! Stopping by from the Momfessionals Recipe Club Link Up! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete