Monday, May 16, 2016

Mid Month Confessions - May

So it's 8:30 at night and I'm just getting to write this post. Better late than never right? This is gonna be short and sweet, but full of goodness!

1. I'm 9 weeks postpartum and I genuinely miss my OB. I saw him and his staff every week basically (high risk) from January until Austin was born. I actually thought this was odd - but apparently it's not and apparently lots of women feel this way. 

2. I still eat ice cream every night as if I were pregnant. And I have no shame. My current favorite is Hagen Däs Belgium Chocolate. 

3. Having a newborn and a blind dog is hard. Having one or the other would've been plenty to deal with, but both at once is a bit more than I can handle on some days. My plan is to post all about what happened to Jake and the adjustments we've had to make but dang, mama is TIRED!

4. I want a bigger car. I'm refusing to back down on the topic either. Ted humored me and stopped at Toyota one day so I can test drive the car I want and of course I loved it. So I keep reminding him how we need something that Jake can get in the back of because him and the baby in the back seat DOES NOT WORK!!! I want a Toyota Venza. But only in white. And only the fully loaded model (XLE) like my Camry. 

5. I swore I wouldn't be the mom who let my baby use a pacifier. I read all the negatives. Bla bla bla. But yea....

5. I haven't washed my kitchen floor in more time than I care to confess. Let's just leave it at that. 

6. I still ask Ted to rub my feet like he did when I was pregnant. And he does, most of the time. For whatever reason my feet always hurt... But being preggo was significant so he rubbed them all the time... 

7. I've contemplated moving to Texas. I've looked at houses. I've figured out costs. This is not an option nor will it ever be for our family. And quite honestly I never want to leave New Jersey. It's just a weird thing. 

8. I've cooked dinner less than 15 times in 2 months. I mean I've thrown dinner together, but actually put a lot of effort in and cooked a full yummy meal - yeah not so much. 



9. I've been wearing maternity tops because they are just more comfortable. I have one pair of jeans that fit me post baby. Assists from that one pair it's leggings all day every day. 

10. Ted and I got to go out for a date last weekend and it was amazing. My mom watched Austin and I have nothing but trust in her of course. It was glorious to drink a beer and eat my meal and enjoy my husband without worrying about or feeding the baby. I mean, I love my little man more than life and snuggles the crap outta him when we got back, but a few hours with the hubby alone was fun. 

This week I need to blog about a lot of things to catch up!! 

~Tiffany~


1 comment:

  1. I read this days ago and got interrupted mid-comment. ;) Girl I can so relate to so many of these! Hang in there mama! And so glad you and Ted got out for a date!!

    ReplyDelete