Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Recipe Club ~ Shredded Beef Tacos!

Shredded Beef Tacos
 
 
Oh My goodness! My cousin gave me this amazing recipe after he made these shredded beef tacos for me and my husband when we went to visit him once. He is an amazing chef! I often tell him he needs to open his own bistro! You can read his blog here and find some AMAZING recipes!
 
Ok, enough chit chat, here is the recipe....


2lb chuck roast
Salt and pepper
1/2 tablespoon of ancho chili powder
1 large onion (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
3 gloves of garlic (crushed)
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
 Canned Chipotle peppers  & some of the sauce
(I usually use 2 or 3 but they are hot so start with one and see how spicy you want it)


Pat the chuck roast dry with some paper towels and then season it heavily with salt and pepper.

Heat some olive oil in a dutch oven and sear the chuck roast on all sides.
Chop up your onion...
 And garlic & pepper
 
Add the chopped onion, the bell pepper, and the garlic and stir together
 
Cook for a few minutes and add the whole can of tomatoes, the chili powder, and the chipotles
 
Simmer the meat for a good 2 to 3 hours
 
Once you are able to shred the beef with a fork, pull it out onto a cutting board to cool a little bit
Yummm

 
Put the shredded beef back into the pot of saucey deliciousness!
 
Mix it all up and simmer a few minutes more... 
 
Serve as tacos or in a bowl!
I like to put cheese, tomatoes and avocado on mine
I'm sure the possibilities are endless!!
These are seriously delicious!!
 
Enjoy!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment