Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Whats Cookin' Wednesday ~ Homemade Pizza

 
Happy Wednesday !
It's been a crazy few days, I played hookie from work yesterday because I was a little pooped & we were having a nasty Nor'Easter. It was the perfect day to get under a blanket and watch Christmas movies and bake cookies!
On Monday night I made pizza. (last night was my chicken rice soup I had stashed in the freezer) tonight is going to be take out or going out because I work from 7-3 then pick up my nephew from school at 3:10 then scoot over to my moms until 4:00 then little man and I leave for CCD, I teach CCD from 4:30-5:30, then clean up after the kiddos leave, drop little man off to my brothers and head home which is 25 minutes from my brothers. So I don't get home until 6:30/7:00 on Wednesdays. My hubby either has dinner ready or is ready to head out the door!
Anyway... back to my Pizza... it was SO delicious. We make pizza all the time, but this was a new sauce I made. Usually I roast tomatoes with olive oil and garlic and just throw them on top of the dough with fresh mozzarella. I tweaked the whole thing for Monday...
 

Here is what you need for the sauce:
1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
3
cloves garlic, minced
1 small/medium onion, chopped finely
1/2 cup
chicken broth
1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes (I use San Marzano)
Salt and pepper
Pinch sugar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped (Or a few sprinkles of dried)
Here is what you do:

Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil into a hot pan over medium/high heat. Throw in the garlic and chopped onions and give them a stir. Cook until the onions are soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, whisking to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Cook until the liquid reduces by half. (I put this mix into a mini food processor so my sauce is extra smooth) Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of sugar. Add the dried oregano and basil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
 
Add caption
Next up - If you like, sautee some sausage in a skillet with a little garlic
 
 
Have your husband pick up a dough from your favorite local pizza place because it's way easier than making your own and probably more tasty.
Spin your dough in the air like an Italian chef and spread it onto a pizza stone
You  can use a pan if you don't have a stone, but seriously, invest in a stone, they are the best. Pop it in a preheated 450* oven for about 6-8 minutes until the crust bakes a bit


 And if he's the best hubby, he'll scoop up some amazing garlic knots because he knows they are your favorite...

You should smell these babies
 After you pull your crust out of the oven, spoon some sauce all over it 
 
Go ahead and cover it really well

 
Throw on your sausage

 
Then sprinkle on your cheese.
I use a mozzarella provolone mix

 
Pop it into the oven (450*) until the cheese is melty and delicious

 
Slice it up and serve! Yummm
 
In other news, we had our first taste of snow on Monday... the top is looking out the door at work... the bottom is Aruba.... Hmm

 
Also, I scored this adorable Christmas pillow at TJMaxx Monday! LOVE it!

 
And last but not least....my moms mantle.
It is so beautiful... Her house is perfect every Christmas...

 
 
~Tiffany~



No comments:

Post a Comment