Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Favorites ~ Grilling

Friday Favorites
Linking up with Andrea & Erika for Friday Faves...
 
Today I'm sharing my favorite "grilling" meals!
I love when I can use the grill to cook all or most of my dinner.
So for my favorites this Friday, it's all about what we love to eat when the weather
finally warms up...
~
Before we get started, lets take a moment to drool over this entire situation right here...
I don't care who you are - EVERYONE wants something like this in their back yard.
I'd never leave!!
I mean....gaah it's gorgeous!

*
Moving on...
 
STEAK
Who doesn't love a good grilled steak??
 
I know we love it.
I usually do some type of rub on steaks before I grill them
 
See the coffee rubbed steak recipe here
 
Steak is also great with mushrooms
to make the mushrooms to accompany a grilled steak I do this:
Baby Bella Mushrooms
Fresh Garlic
Butter
Salt & Pepper
Worcestershire Sauce
~
In a small sauté pan, put in a pad or two of butter.
Next throw in about 2 cloves of chopped up garlic and sauté for a minute or two
Next, dump in your container of mushrooms
Sauté everything together adding more butter if necessary
Sprinkle on salt and pepper
At the end, throw on a couple dashes (I usually do 5) of Worcestershire sauce
Spoon on top of your grilled steak & enjoy!
 
*
 
Hawaiian Pork Chops
Please take a minute to admire the paper plate!
 
Full recipe here
~
This recipe has been in my family for a long time.
It's a great change up to an otherwise boring pork chop.
We had these last night as a matter of fact!
I tried this marinate on a pork tenderloin and it wasn't as good
Stick to the boneless chops - I promise you'll love it.
We usually pair it with red potatoes or brown rice and a green veggie
 
Chicken
~
Chicken is a grilling staple!
I make all kinds of chicken on the grill and here are a few:

Salsa Chicken with Cheese (breast)
(Marinated in Italian Dressing, grilled, topped with Pico type salsa and cheddar cheese)
 
Sweet BBQ Chicken (breast or leg/thigh)
(Marinated with any type of BBQ sauce your heart desires)
 
Ranch Chicken (breast)
(Marinated with Ranch dressing)
 
Slow Cooked Chicken Thighs (bone in)
Ted makes these amazing grilled chicken thighs
He rubs them with mustard
Then generously rubs them with a chicken rub he makes with all kinds of spices and brown sugar. You can get the McCormick chicken rub and mix in your own brown sugar.
Then grills them low and slow for over an hour
Once they have grill marks, he slops on Guy Fieri BBQ sauce, then flips
He repeats this process for several steps.
The end result is amazing!
 
~Chicken is so versatile, you can really do ANYTHING you want with it~
 
I'm sharing a delicious chicken recipe next Wednesday....
 
Veggies 
Gosh, these all look delicious! *Thanks google*
We love to grill our veggies
I literally grill just about every veggie I can in the summer months.
 
Squash: EVOO & garlic pepper
Cut in spears, place directly on grill
 
Zucchini: EVOO & garlic pepper
Cut in spears, place directly on grill
 
Portobello Mushrooms: As is (little EVOO so it doesn't stick)
Large caps, place directly on grill
 
Asparagus: EVOO & fresh garlic, squeeze of lemon
Cut off ends, place directly on grill
 
Brussell Sprouts: EVOO, fresh garlic, sea salt
Cut in half, place in large piece of foil, drizzle with EVOO, garlic, salt, close up like a tent and place on the grill

 
Kabobs
 
These are sooooo delicious and so easy!
One stop meal!
 
I put all kinds of things on my kabobs like:
Chicken
Steak
Shrimp
Tomatoes
Pineapple
Every veggie imaginable
potatoes (par boil first!!)
~I marinate them in some type of Italian dressing...then grill them up!~
 
 Now I'm hungry!
I can't wait to dive into my turkey chili left overs!!
 
What do you love to cook on the grill?
I'm always looking for new ideas!!
 
 
 
Come back next Wednesday for:
 
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken w/Mozzarella & Balsamic Glaze
 
 
Have a great weekend everyone!!
 
~Tiffany~
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your grilling meals. Thanks for sharing! We grill nonstop this time of year. Let me tell you, I would LOVE to have that picture in my backyard! haha... Wouldn't we all? Check out my blog http://mydyerfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kabobs, pineapple, and shrimp are my favorite foods grilled! That backyard is gorgeous. I noticed it even has a fridge just for wine. Crazy! I think I could sit in that hot tub and watch the stars come out every summer night.

    ReplyDelete