Wednesday, May 13, 2015

WCW ~ Roasted Poblano Adobo Grilled Chicken

What's Cookin' Wednesday...
 
Roasted Poblano Adobo Grilled Chicken!
Whew! That was a mouthful!
 
 
This recipe was one that I caught on Pioneer Woman 2 weekends ago.
Ted happened to walk into the room and see Ree mixing up the marinade in the blender and looked at me and said, "You're making this!"
So I looked up the recipe and it seemed easy enough....so I went out a few days later and got a few things that I needed to whip it up.
 
Here is what you need:
1/2 cup Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
2 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce
2 cloves Garlic
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
6 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
(I used 3 large and split them in half to make them thinner)
6 Poblano Chiles
1/2 pound Monterey Jack Cheese, Cut Into Slices Or Grated
Pico De Gallo Or Salsa, For Serving
Beans, For Serving
Rice For Serving
 
What You Do:
 For the chicken marinade:
Combine olive oil, lime juice, chipotle peppers, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in a blender and mix until it's totally pureed.
(I used the nutribullet because it wasn't much and thought the huge blender would make a big mess. So if you have a small mixer type thing like a ninja or bullet, use that)
Pour into a large Ziploc bag with the chicken breasts.
Seal the bag up, mush it around to coat the chicken, and stick it in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours (overnight if possible.)
 
Once that is all done....and ready to grill...
 
 Roast the chilies on the grill turning frequently.
When the skin is totally blackened, place the chilies in a large Ziploc and seal the bag to allow the chilies to sweat for a good 20 minutes. Remove them from the bag and use a knife to scrape off most of the blackened skin. Slice the chilies in half lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds and membranes. Lay out the roasted, seeded  halves so they'll be ready.
Grill the chicken over medium-high heat until completely cooked.
At this point, you can top your chicken with the roasted pepper and cheese while it's still on the grill. I didn't do this, I did it once I brought it inside so my cheese didn't melt right away.
But Ree's recipe says to do it while it's on the grill
The finished product


I made brown rice and grilled asparagus 
 
 
 I made this with about 5 adobo chilies and it was SUPER hot.
Definitely only use two for the marinade!

 
ENJOY!
 
~Tiffany~

No comments:

Post a Comment