Thursday, July 23, 2015

10 *WEIRD* Things About Me!

On Monday, Shay did a "10 weird things about me" post -
so I decided to share some weird things about me too...

 

1.
I don't touch lemons. Ted has known about this since we met and is so aware of it that if a lemon comes on my water when we are out, he automatically removes it without me asking. It's pretty funny actually. I'll touch them if I'm home and can wash my hands immediately after touching them. Not sure why this is, it just is.

2.
I don't like anyone touching my ears. In fact I have hit people in the past for even coming close to grazing them. A few weeks ago at Acupuncture, my acupuncturist was going to put a channel at the tip of my ear and I about leaped off the bed at him. Bless his heart, he pulled his hand back SO FAST and was like woah what is that... I had to explain it to him.
 
 

3.
Speaking of my ears, I don't sleep at night unless my blanket is pulled up over my ear.
This goes back to when I was about 19 and had Bells Palsy. The Dr. told me that it likely came from a draft that caused an ear infection. Ever since then I cover my ear when I sleep (the other one is obviously on the pillow). Even if it's warm, I cover up. I know it's more psychological, but at this point, I've been doing it for like 14 years, so why stop now.
Bells Palsy was awful. Especially at 19 years old.

4.
I'm particular with soap. I don't use soap in public bathrooms. I have these soap sheet things that I keep in my purse at all times. Sometimes I have Ted test the soap in bathrooms to see if it's "stinky soap" or not. You know the one I'm talking about? That pink industrial strength garbage that makes your hands smell like chemicals and dust. Ugh, I gag just talking about it. So needless to say, I will avoid washing my hands if the soap is gross. I won't use the bathroom then if the soap is gross too. Haha - That's a weird one. I'm obsessive about it too.

This is what I keep in my bag - It works great!

5.
I say "I'm sorry little buddy" when I see a dead animal (ie: raccoon, possum, squirrel) in the road. I genuinely feel bad for the animal. No living thing deserves to get run over by a car and left to decay on the roadside. I usually only do this when I'm driving alone. And one time there was a cat that was hit right near our house. I was devastated. I asked Ted to cover it up and call the township. Which he did very graciously. The one and only time I hit an animal it was a squirrel. I pulled over and was hysterical. I saw two squirrels running around and go across the road then they turned around super fast, I hit one, the other turned back to look for his buddy, I lost it. 110% lost it. I was so upset. (I was about 18/19 and on my way to class at college) I called my mom hysterically and told her and she thought something tragic and awful happened. To me it was horrifying. I never drove down that street again. I think it was more seeing its friend look for him and realize he was gone....omg I get choked up thinking about it. This sounds crazy, but I have a big big heart for animals.
 
 
6.
I like my ice cream melted.
Not soupy melted, just really really soft.
I scoop it into a dish and let it sit for a few minutes, then swirl it around until its creamy.
THEN I eat it. But that's only when I eat it in a bowl because I hate when ice cream cones melt! hahaha It's funny how weird this all sounds when I type it!
Also, I'm not a fan of "soft serve" ice cream.
So strange... but it's how I roll!
 
 
7.
I wear tank tops under everything I wear. Always. Even my pajamas.
Even when it's 100* outside.
I don't feel "right" unless I'm wearing a tank under my shirt, dress, sweater etc.
I have lots and lots of styles; casual, tight, loose, cami, fancy, lacy etc.
Its like a clothing security blanket.
Been doing it for yearrrrrrrrs.
 
8.
I make lists for everything. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.
I like to have things organized.
I make lists when we go on vacations.
I make a list for whoever watches our pets
I make shopping lists for any store I go to
I make lists for who I have to buy things for
I make tons of lists at work.
I have so many lists it's gross.
But somehow, it keeps me feelings organized.
One of the best things I got myself was the Erin Condren Life Planner
It's got so much room for list making!
I made lists for my wedding and honeymoon in there
lists for Christmas and birthdays!
Good stuff - can't wait to start on my next planner!
#truth
 
9.
Speaking of lists, this may or may not qualify for weirdness...
I plan vacations that we don't always go on.
I'll research places, flights, trips, everything to do with vacationing.
Write it all down in a pretty presentably way and show my husband.
He usually looks at it and says things like "sounds nice" or "yeah, that place looks good"
but we both know we aren't going to hop on a last minute flight to Barbados because there's a good deal. We are going away for our 1 year anniversary in September to New England, and I can't wait to seriously plan that.
I'm always planning a trip to Texas and presenting it to him.
Or planning a trip back to Aruba or across the country.
I planned out an entire trip to Disney complete with food and flights and park passes.
 
 
It's a weird thing I do I guess... And when other people tell me they're thinking about going somewhere I look and research for them whether they want me to or not.
I enjoy it - I should've been a travel agent.
But Travelocity & Expedia kinda took that idea away huh ?
 
Ain't that the truth!
 
10.
 I don't like listening to people talk about the gym or their workout.
I read about it on blogs all the time and that doesn't bother me.
It's being face to face with someone and they say things like, "my run today was so good, I think I burned a lot of calories" or "I don't feel good unless I workout" or just talk about what they did, or how good it was, or whatever it is about the gym or their workout.
I just don't care. I think it's great that people work out and spend time in a gym, and if I had the time in life to do that, I'm sure I'd do it too, but I work from 6:30am - 3:00pm then go home to laundry, dinner a husband and tons of other junk. I have DVD's and stuff to do at home, but in my mind it's always going to be half-assed.
Ted knows I hate when he mentions it. He'll say, "I know you don't care, but I lifted xx at the gym today" I usually roll my eyes and say wow that's awesome.
I don't know why or what it is, but I just don't care.
Call me rude, but it's just honest.
I also don't understand "checking in" on Facebook at the gym.
As if you need to tell everyone you're working out because if it isn't blasted all over social media it doesn't count?
 
 
Way to end it with a bang huh? Lol
Stop by for Friday favorites tomorrow!!
 
~Tiffany~
 

1 comment:

  1. Girllllll I am right there with you on the lists on lists on lists! I have easily 5 lists going ALL.THE.TIME. It's nuts! I also agree with the covering my ears thing. I started it because I cant sleep unless the fan is on but I HATE feeling the wind hit my ears!

    ReplyDelete