Monday, July 27, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was great.
Flew by way too quickly, but we had fun!
 
My weekend started on Thursday at 11:45 when I left work...
 I love a 1/2 day before a 3 day weekend!
 
On Friday morning, I sent this to Ted ~
It's exactly what it says - in  Papiamento (their language)
 

It was also super chilly that morning so I opened up the windows and let the cool air blow through the house..

 
I went to visit my friend from work who just had a baby...
Then scooped up my brothers dog for an over-night at our house...
Got home, chilled for a sec and got a phone call that someone wanted to come look at the house.............
IN 15 MINUTES!
Thankfully, the house was clean, but not to the way I like it to be for a showing, but I wasn't in the mood and said oh well it is what it is.
Turns out its a couple relocating from Alabama who need a house ASAP!
So we got a call the next day and they are interested!!
Pray for us!! We need to sell so badly!
 
After all that chaos, I whipped up some turkey corn chili
 
The next day - we took this old boy back home and headed to the beach!

 
I'm about to sound really "Jersey" right now - but I just can't stand BENNY's !
For those who don't know, BENNYs are what the locals call people vacationing or visiting "the shore". No one that lives here calls it the shore. It's the beach.
BENNY stands for: Bayone Elizabeth Newark New York - but it pertains to anyone that's not a local really. Haha it sounds so mean, but it's just how it is.
Anyway, they stand out from a mile away.
They're wearing socks and sneakers on the beach...
They have 432 bags with them...
They lay the hotel sheet out on the sand...
They can't swim and don't understand the flags...
They are rude, listen to music loudly and smoke...
Now - I'm not opposed to someone listening to music, but at an appropriate decibel.
Saturday, we walked on to one of our "spots" on the beach.... pretty far down.
And sat down in our chairs...
There was a group of them next to us blasting offensive techo/rap music....
Chain Smoking...
and cursing in the foulest way possible.
I told Ted I wasn't about to sit there so we grabbed our stuff and relocated.
Now, this beach is 10 miles long, so relocating meant walking back over the dune to the truck and driving to a different spot.
Well we did, and we were almost alone!
 
It was perfect...
 
Just us and the waves...

The dune
Saturday night we hung out with our friends at their house and had a fire
complete with s'mores!
 
I made virgin Pina Coladas
 
Then on Sunday I had my friends bridal shower...it was lovely
The 3 of us have been friends since Freshman year of High School...
 
Then Ted and I hit up our favorite Sunday spot to listen to our favorite band...

Pretty darn perfect if you ask me!
 
Have a great week!
 
~Tiffany~

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow Jersey Girl I have to say I agree with you on the BENNYS they are lame!

    ReplyDelete