Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A few simple one dish/pot recipes!

Today I am sharing with you some of my "go to" meals that I can usually whip up in a pinch.
They are mostly super easy and definitely scrumptious !
For the most part they are one pot/dish meals...
 
 
One Dish Baked Italian Chicken & Potatoes
 

What you need:
 
Split Chicken Breasts - OR - Thighs/Legs - OR - Boneless Breasts
(I use the split bone in breasts)
A bag of Red Potatoes
Good Seasons (Italian dressing mix)
Olive Oil (OR canola/vegetable)
Parmesan Cheese
Pyrex or throw away tin (easy cleanup)

What you do:
 
Pre-Heat oven to 350*
This is quite possibly the easiest most delicious "quick supper" meal I make.
 
Ok, so I grab a Pyrex and plop the chicken breasts in there (I use 2 because there is 2 of us, but you can use however many works for your family, especially if you want left overs)
 
Then cut up the potatoes (again, however many will work for your family)
I usually fill in all the blank spaces where the chicken does not take up.
 
Then drizzle some oil of your choice over top
 
Then sprinkle 1 packet of good season over everything (sometimes I use 1 1/2 pks)
Then a good sprinkle of the parmesan cheese
 
Pop in the oven for an hour (or until taters are browned up and chicken looks crispy)
Enjoy!
I usually serve this with French green beans or broccoli
It's a favorite in our house
Pairs well with a cheap Pinot Grigio that you bought a case of after thoroughly enjoying the table wine at a local restaurant, but that's neither here nor there
 
Next Up.....

Saucy Sausage & Peppers

What you need:

2 Packages of Italian Sausage (sweet or hot or one of each)
(I have this in my freezer usually) 
1 28oz can of Tomato Sauce
Red Pepper
Green Pepper
Yellow Pepper
Orange Pepper

(Peppers can be cut up and frozen!)
Large Onion
Garlic
 Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Drizzle of Olive Oil
Rolls (optional)
(Obv. up the quantities for more people)

What you do:

Cut your sausage into slices OR take the skin off (like I do) and rip chunks up
In a large Dutch oven type pot drizzle some olive oil
Once hot, toss in your sausage and let it brown up
While this is browning, slice up your veggies
(I slice mine very thin so they cook down well)

Drain fat off if any
Add in your pepper and onion and a clove of garlic minced up
Mix it all around until the veggies start to get translucent
Now dash in your Worcestershire sauce (3-4 dashes)
Mix around again
Add your tomato sauce and let simmer for 10-15 minutes
Enjoy!

I serve these on yummy ciabatta rolls or hoagie type buns
Sometimes I cook up some tater tots or French fries
(healthy huh?!)


Next Up...

Shepherds Pie (beef not lamb)

What you need:

Ground Beef
Bag of frozen veggie mix (carrots, peas, corn)
Onion
Tomato Paste
Worcestershire Sauce
Beef Stock
Potatoes
(Sometimes I cheat and get the frozen Ore Ida ready to mash potatoes..shh)
Milk & Butter for mashing potatoes

What you do:

Preheat oven to 350*
In a large pan sauté your beef down til it's golden brown
Drain off fat
Add diced up onion
Add veggies & simmer for a few minutes
Scoop in a can of tomato paste and mix up well
Dash in some Worcestershire sauce
If this consistency works for you, leave it be, if you like it thinner, add some beef stock
Let simmer (10 min)
Mash up your potatoes to your liking, or use the box kind I won't judge
In a Pyrex or ceramic baking dish, pour in beef/veg mixture
Glob your taters on top of the beef mix and smooth out
I usually sprinkle some paprika on top but you don't have to
Bake in oven for 35 minutes or so until your potatoes are browned up
You can also put shredded cheese on top, but we don't like that so we don't do that :)
Enjoy!

This is a meal in itself, so whip up a salad for some ruffage if you think you need a healthy component at dinner time


Hope you enjoy what I've shared!
Happy Hump Day everyone!!
~Tiffany~
 **disclaimer: The above pictures are google images; I did not have any to reference**

No comments:

Post a Comment