Wednesday, April 1, 2015

What's Cookin' Wednesday ~ Fancy but Simple Dinner

Seared Scallops in Saffron Sauce with Creamy Mushroom Risotto
Accompanied by Avocado Tomato Salad
 
 
These recipes were originally found online.
I tweaked them of course for our liking.
As fancy as it all seems, it was very easy to make...
I never ate scallops until one time at a Hibachi restaurant when I ate one by accident!
Turns out, I love them!
So for a treat for my hubby, I made scallops at home and they were a HUGE hit!
Saffron is quite pricey, but totally worth it!
Splurge for flavor people, trust me.
 
 
For The Scallops
What You Need:
6 TBSP unsalted butter, divided
2 TBSP Olive Oil
12 large sea scallops, patted dry
1 cup of dry white wine (I used what I like to drink)
*If you wouldn't drink it, don't cook with it*
2 TBSP heavy cream
Pinch of saffron threads
What You Do:
In a nonstick pan on m/h heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil.
Add your scallops, and sear well on both sides.
Careful to turn only once so they don't tear 
Remove scallops from the pan & keep warm.
For the Sauce
Add your wine to the hot pan and de-glaze pan. Reduce temperature to medium/low and allow wine to reduce by half. Add cream, the rest of the butter and simmer until combined.
Once combined, add saffron threads.
Stir well....Return scallops to pan.
Turn to coat them all with the sauce and serve immediately.
 
Ok so for the Mushroom Risotto - I used a pre-made one.
I had to. The scallops needed my attention so Risotto that you can add water to and set aside was my jam this night... and it was delish.
(Sorry no real pic)
 
 
Next up - The fresh delicious salad...
 
This one is super simple... kind of a "throw together" if you will.
 
What You Need:
The amount of what you use is based on how much of this you want to make
2-3 Avocados
2-3 Tomatoes
Fresh Mozzarella
Basil
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
 
What You Do:
Dice up your avocados and tomatoes
Add to a large bowl
Dice up your Fresh Mozzarella, add to bowl
Drizzle the whole thing with Olive Oil
Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper
Mix up well
Finish with fresh chiffonade cut basil on top!
 
*
 
Now go ahead and pour yourself a nice glass of wine and enjoy this meal!
 
 
 
~Tiffany~
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment