Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What's Cookin' Wednesday ~ Go to Lunch

Lunch is my biggest issue during the work day.
I never know what to have.
I'm super picky with what I eat so it's always challenging for me.
I don't eat left-overs because I hate microwaves.
I don't eat much in the form of sandwiches because I'm not a fan of bread.
(Not for any carb-fearing reason, I just don't like the taste)
I don't like salad unless I'm home or out, packing one grosses me out a bit.
I could go on, but I'll spare you the drama.
 
So when I give myself the time to get it together, I make Chicken Salad.
Here I go again with the Rotisserie - I promise I use other chicken too!! (haha)
 
Chicky Chicken Salad
*google image*
Rotisserie Chicken - shredded
1/4 Cup Mayo (I use light)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream (I use light)
1 diced up Green Apple
1 Cup Craisins
Hand-full of slivered toasted almonds (or nut of your choice)
Croissants
Salt & Pepper to taste
 
In a big ol' bowl mix up the shredded chicken, and mayo & sour cream. Now if that is too much "wet" or too little for your liking adjust as needed. Then toss in you diced up apples, craisins and nuts. Sprinkle in your S&P. Mix until blended and serve on a vessel of your choice. I prefer a light flakey croissant because why not go for that buttery goodness with your lunch!?
Store it in a Tupperware container in the fridge!
I like to make this on a Sunday and have it for lunch during the week.
It's easy to grab a roll/croissant and glob some on there and wrap it up and toss it in a lunch bag. Ted loves it too. You can even use left over chicken diced up. Add some grapes.
Get crazy!
 
~Tiffany~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment