Wednesday, March 4, 2015

What's Cookin' Wednesday

Sausage Tortelenni Skillet

 
I originally found this recipe on Pintetest, of course. And after reading through it, I figured out how I'd tweak it to my(our) liking... 
So here it is... 

What you need:
Olive Oil
1 lb Italian sausage (out of casings or ground)
*I used a sweet & spicy mix*
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan 
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
24 oz package fresh cheese tortellini
24oz marinara sauce (I used Victoria brand) 
1 tsp Italian Seasoning (basil/oregano)
1 tsp garlic powder 
1/2 tsp red pepper flake



What you do:
Heat about 2 TBSP of olive oil in a medium/ high skillet 
Add your ground sausage and brown well. 
Sprinkle garlic powder and red pepper flake in and stir 
Add your marinara sauce 
Sprinkle in your Italian seasons & Parmesan 
Add water and tortellini, stir well 
Add glob of ricotta and incorporate 
Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes. 
Remove from heat and sprinkle on the grated mozzarella and mix in. 
*you could put it under the broiler at this point to crisp up the cheese, but I just mixed it in. 

This is extremely delicious!! I was quite pleasantly surprised and will most definitely make my version of this again! 

Sausage getting brown!
Added the sauce, spices and parmesan & tortellini
Globbed on the Ricotta....yum..
Doesn't this make your mouth water....


This was a good one! I'm glad there's left-overs! 

~Tiffany~


No comments:

Post a Comment